Skip to main content

Group Blog

 Welcome back! Today I will be talking about my group and why I chose to work with them for this final task short film. For the commercial and the music video, I filmed with the same group I will be filming with for the short film. I am super excited to be filming with this group because they are good company and are very hard workers. The people in my group are Marlo, Omnia, and Harley. Omnia has been a good friend of mine since middle school. She is so creative and talented and never fails to be there when I need her. Marlo, I met as a freshman and we became friends instantly. My group and I really enjoy each others company and compliment each others personalities so well. As for Harley, we became friends this year. She has been there for me through so much and always has the best ideas for everything. All of these girls have a very strong work drive just like me, which makes us a really good group. My group and I are also a very diverse group of people, making us generate so many ideas and topics that coinside nicely together. I am really excited to work with these girls because it is always a fun time talking to each and every one of them. My group all gets along very well and are able to subside any disagreements or arguments that can occur. I am most excited to have to hangout with them in order to film this final task short film. My group will all have a very big role in creating this short film, so we plan to divide the work evenly and overcome it together while having fun. My group and I have already been brainstorming a bunch of ideas for this short film. Thinking of what roles each of us want to do for this short film has been talked about a lot. My group and I will start figuring out what type of short film we will make. Thanks for tuning in!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short Film Research: The Last Note

    Short film reasearch: ( The Last Note/Mystery) Hey blogg. Today we will be discussing an award-winning mystery short film called "The Last Note" and pointing out different features within this film. For some background, the film begins with David driving to lake while taking about leaving his wife and all his problems with her. Then David is seen with a body bag which is Catherine and dumps her in a lake. He does this due to catching ehr cheating on him the night before. Once David returns home, he starts drinking a liquor while reading a book named Murder. In the book, there was a note from Catherine and as he reads to there are flashbacks to her putting posion in the bottle. He then relazies as she write “sorry I had to do this , goodbye David” and he passes away. To begin the sound purely consisted of voice-overs from both Catherine and David, the former husbands and wife, along with sound effects. In specific, dramatic sound effects were used which is very common with...

Short vs. full length film research

  BLOG 1: Comparing 9, the short film, and the full-length movie  Hey Blogg, our group will be discussing the short version of the film "9" and the full-length version along with comparing both of them.  Short film version: None of our group members had ever seen this movie and seeing it for the first time it was different, unlike something we had ever seen before. First off, there was no dialogue throughout the whole film. This causes us to pay even more attention to what was happening throughout the film to better understand what was going on. For this specific short film, the plot was less obvious and required higher thinking skills as all that is given are the scenes. We understood the plot at the nearing the end of the movie. Our interpretation of the plot was that in a desolate setting that looked like a landfill site, the film begins with scenes of 9 crafting objects from scrap metal. As the title screen fades, 9 is found sitting around the remnants of a broken w...

Short Film Research: Party to Murder

  The mystery short film I watched was Party to Murder by Strobie Studios. The actors gathered together at this old style mansion to play a game of murder mystery while at a masked party. Will they play a harmless game or is the reality of death knocking on their front door? The director included a plot twist which is what ultimately made the short film a good watch. At the beginning of the film the director used upbeat music and close up angles of a couple dressed in fancy attire. The upbeat music explained the mood of the couple, as they were laughing and excited for their upcoming party. However as the car approached the home the music took a turn for the dark. The music began to speed up and the musical notes selection became very ominous. A big tactic used in mysteries especially murder mysteries in plot twists. Plot twists leave the audience highly surprised making it the best way to recapture a viewer's attention. Nobody wants to sit through a movie where every scene is easi...