Skip to main content

My A-Level Intro


 Hey guys! welcome back. Natalia Sorbo here, but this time in A-level Media Studies! I am happy to have made it past AS-Level media and I am ready for the challenge for the rest of the year. I am excited to start working on this final task and am ready to put my best foot forward. As before, I love traveling as well as food. Anywhere I go and anything I do, I always need to stop to try something new or get some of my favorite foods. I now work at Playa Bowls and am able to balance between work and school life while also maintaining my amazing grades in school. Sometimes it can be tricky because my hours are directly after school until 9:30 at night but I am still able to juggle everything at once. I also very much enjoy hanging out with friends and being able to spend time and do fun things with them. I have always strived to be creative and put one hundred percent in everything I do. For this year, my group has changed, and the new people I am able to work with I am very happy about and looking forward to. They are a couple close friends of mine and it will be fun to film this project with them. I will tell you more about them in my next blog. I am excited to showcase my creativity and love for filming and editing this year to you all. I will talk to you soon. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short Film Research: The Last Note

    Short film reasearch: ( The Last Note/Mystery) Hey blogg. Today we will be discussing an award-winning mystery short film called "The Last Note" and pointing out different features within this film. For some background, the film begins with David driving to lake while taking about leaving his wife and all his problems with her. Then David is seen with a body bag which is Catherine and dumps her in a lake. He does this due to catching ehr cheating on him the night before. Once David returns home, he starts drinking a liquor while reading a book named Murder. In the book, there was a note from Catherine and as he reads to there are flashbacks to her putting posion in the bottle. He then relazies as she write “sorry I had to do this , goodbye David” and he passes away. To begin the sound purely consisted of voice-overs from both Catherine and David, the former husbands and wife, along with sound effects. In specific, dramatic sound effects were used which is very common with...

Short vs. full length film research

  BLOG 1: Comparing 9, the short film, and the full-length movie  Hey Blogg, our group will be discussing the short version of the film "9" and the full-length version along with comparing both of them.  Short film version: None of our group members had ever seen this movie and seeing it for the first time it was different, unlike something we had ever seen before. First off, there was no dialogue throughout the whole film. This causes us to pay even more attention to what was happening throughout the film to better understand what was going on. For this specific short film, the plot was less obvious and required higher thinking skills as all that is given are the scenes. We understood the plot at the nearing the end of the movie. Our interpretation of the plot was that in a desolate setting that looked like a landfill site, the film begins with scenes of 9 crafting objects from scrap metal. As the title screen fades, 9 is found sitting around the remnants of a broken w...

Short Film Research: Party to Murder

  The mystery short film I watched was Party to Murder by Strobie Studios. The actors gathered together at this old style mansion to play a game of murder mystery while at a masked party. Will they play a harmless game or is the reality of death knocking on their front door? The director included a plot twist which is what ultimately made the short film a good watch. At the beginning of the film the director used upbeat music and close up angles of a couple dressed in fancy attire. The upbeat music explained the mood of the couple, as they were laughing and excited for their upcoming party. However as the car approached the home the music took a turn for the dark. The music began to speed up and the musical notes selection became very ominous. A big tactic used in mysteries especially murder mysteries in plot twists. Plot twists leave the audience highly surprised making it the best way to recapture a viewer's attention. Nobody wants to sit through a movie where every scene is easi...