Skip to main content

Production Blog

 Hello welcome back! I am going to discuss what my group and I are planning to do for this music video. When the group and I were brainstorming song ideas, I had came up with doing a Taylor Swift song. I felt that doing "You belong with me" would be a fitting song for us to be able to make a music video to. Although there is no boy in our group to play the 'evil' Taylor's boyfriend also known as the 'good' Taylor's crush, I had suggested ideas such as changing the conventions of the Taylor Swift music video to expressing the song about friendship instead of a relationship. My part will be playing the "boyfriend" in the music video but instead I will be the best friend in the middle and the 'evil' Taylor Swift, the evil best friend, who will be played by Marlo who will taking me away from 'good' Taylor, the good best friend, which is being played by Omnia. I suggested that the two Taylor's and I do outfit changes when we are filming so that way it is more fitting to the song but does not follow the conventions of the the original music video. For example, when the song says "She's cheer captain and I'm on the bleachers" that is when the 'evil' Taylor will be wearing a very preppy and popular girl outfit instead of a cheer outfit and the 'good' Taylor who is singing the song will be wearing a basic and not as cute outfit. In the song, the 'good' Taylor is comparing herself to the 'evil' Taylor feeling that the 'evil' Taylor is better than her but also feels that she understands the best friends more than the 'evil' Taylor ever could. I believe this will translate very nicely from Taylor singing about a relationship to now my group and I using the same lyrics to talk about a friendship. Talk more next time!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short Film Research: The Last Note

    Short film reasearch: ( The Last Note/Mystery) Hey blogg. Today we will be discussing an award-winning mystery short film called "The Last Note" and pointing out different features within this film. For some background, the film begins with David driving to lake while taking about leaving his wife and all his problems with her. Then David is seen with a body bag which is Catherine and dumps her in a lake. He does this due to catching ehr cheating on him the night before. Once David returns home, he starts drinking a liquor while reading a book named Murder. In the book, there was a note from Catherine and as he reads to there are flashbacks to her putting posion in the bottle. He then relazies as she write “sorry I had to do this , goodbye David” and he passes away. To begin the sound purely consisted of voice-overs from both Catherine and David, the former husbands and wife, along with sound effects. In specific, dramatic sound effects were used which is very common with...

Short vs. full length film research

  BLOG 1: Comparing 9, the short film, and the full-length movie  Hey Blogg, our group will be discussing the short version of the film "9" and the full-length version along with comparing both of them.  Short film version: None of our group members had ever seen this movie and seeing it for the first time it was different, unlike something we had ever seen before. First off, there was no dialogue throughout the whole film. This causes us to pay even more attention to what was happening throughout the film to better understand what was going on. For this specific short film, the plot was less obvious and required higher thinking skills as all that is given are the scenes. We understood the plot at the nearing the end of the movie. Our interpretation of the plot was that in a desolate setting that looked like a landfill site, the film begins with scenes of 9 crafting objects from scrap metal. As the title screen fades, 9 is found sitting around the remnants of a broken w...

Short Film Research: Party to Murder

  The mystery short film I watched was Party to Murder by Strobie Studios. The actors gathered together at this old style mansion to play a game of murder mystery while at a masked party. Will they play a harmless game or is the reality of death knocking on their front door? The director included a plot twist which is what ultimately made the short film a good watch. At the beginning of the film the director used upbeat music and close up angles of a couple dressed in fancy attire. The upbeat music explained the mood of the couple, as they were laughing and excited for their upcoming party. However as the car approached the home the music took a turn for the dark. The music began to speed up and the musical notes selection became very ominous. A big tactic used in mysteries especially murder mysteries in plot twists. Plot twists leave the audience highly surprised making it the best way to recapture a viewer's attention. Nobody wants to sit through a movie where every scene is easi...