Skip to main content

Production Blog

Hello welcome back! Today, I'm going to talk about how filming went with my group for the music video. On Thursday, the plan worked out good for the girls to come to my house and film the mu
sic video. Harley was the videographer and filmed every scene. For the first scenes of the music video, I had to fake cry in order for the scene to come across as me being mad at the evil Taylor. For the setting, During the phone call with the evil and good Taylor, I was filmed in my room and Marlo was being filmed in the guest room of my house so that way it would look like me the good Taylor and I were in different houses. When I called the good Taylor (Omnia) to help me feel better about the evil Taylor and I fighting, she answered the phone and helped me get through it. I had filmed Omnia's part when she was answering my call and I wanted to do a tracking shot so I followed Omnia as she was talking to me on the phone. When the evil Taylor(Marlo) wanted to take me away from the good Taylor(Omnia) when the good Taylor and I were hanging out, I decided that hanging out in the movie room would be fitting for this scene. The whiteboard and piece of paper were my ideas for using signs saying "I'm sorry, I love you". Overall, the group and I had a productive day on Thursday and the music video filming was complete. Next I'm going to work on editing and the run down of my thought process throughout filming. Talk soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short Film Research: The Last Note

    Short film reasearch: ( The Last Note/Mystery) Hey blogg. Today we will be discussing an award-winning mystery short film called "The Last Note" and pointing out different features within this film. For some background, the film begins with David driving to lake while taking about leaving his wife and all his problems with her. Then David is seen with a body bag which is Catherine and dumps her in a lake. He does this due to catching ehr cheating on him the night before. Once David returns home, he starts drinking a liquor while reading a book named Murder. In the book, there was a note from Catherine and as he reads to there are flashbacks to her putting posion in the bottle. He then relazies as she write “sorry I had to do this , goodbye David” and he passes away. To begin the sound purely consisted of voice-overs from both Catherine and David, the former husbands and wife, along with sound effects. In specific, dramatic sound effects were used which is very common with...

Short vs. full length film research

  BLOG 1: Comparing 9, the short film, and the full-length movie  Hey Blogg, our group will be discussing the short version of the film "9" and the full-length version along with comparing both of them.  Short film version: None of our group members had ever seen this movie and seeing it for the first time it was different, unlike something we had ever seen before. First off, there was no dialogue throughout the whole film. This causes us to pay even more attention to what was happening throughout the film to better understand what was going on. For this specific short film, the plot was less obvious and required higher thinking skills as all that is given are the scenes. We understood the plot at the nearing the end of the movie. Our interpretation of the plot was that in a desolate setting that looked like a landfill site, the film begins with scenes of 9 crafting objects from scrap metal. As the title screen fades, 9 is found sitting around the remnants of a broken w...

Short Film Research: Party to Murder

  The mystery short film I watched was Party to Murder by Strobie Studios. The actors gathered together at this old style mansion to play a game of murder mystery while at a masked party. Will they play a harmless game or is the reality of death knocking on their front door? The director included a plot twist which is what ultimately made the short film a good watch. At the beginning of the film the director used upbeat music and close up angles of a couple dressed in fancy attire. The upbeat music explained the mood of the couple, as they were laughing and excited for their upcoming party. However as the car approached the home the music took a turn for the dark. The music began to speed up and the musical notes selection became very ominous. A big tactic used in mysteries especially murder mysteries in plot twists. Plot twists leave the audience highly surprised making it the best way to recapture a viewer's attention. Nobody wants to sit through a movie where every scene is easi...