Skip to main content

Production Blog- Discussing Filming plans

 Hello blog and welcome back! I am so very excited to be filming soon with my group. For the filming date being set February 25, i might need to discuss with my group a change in time. On this day being sunday, I work a full time job while also balancing school and school projects. On the 25th, I believe I do have work because my job is understaffed and it is much harder to be able to get days off. I would need to discuss with them maybe a better day that we would have most of the daylight to film. I want to make sure we enjoy it as much as possible. On the 10th of February, me and the girls are going to Jenna’s house for a galentines gathering and we thought it would be a great idea to get a little filming done during this time. The gathering is when the sun goes down so I am planning to film night scenes in our short film during this time. It works well because there will be outfit changes throughout the short film to really make it look like our scenes are in different days and different hours of the day. I do not want the short film to be only one outfit and sunlight the entire time. I want to give the audience the view that our short film is in the span of a couple days or weeks to give a better understanding of whats going on. I am so excited to film this short film because I really do love the mystery genre and it is something I have not really done before. I think it is so cool to gain knowledge and experience trying new things and stepping out of your comfort zone. So far everything is going very smoothly and everyone is super excited to film. The hardest part about this is picking what date to film because everyone has such busy lives with studying, having other plans, and work in general. I again do need to discuss with my group if the 25th is still a good filming day due to work kind of messing with the schedule. Thank you for listening and see you shortly with the next blog.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short Film Research: The Last Note

    Short film reasearch: ( The Last Note/Mystery) Hey blogg. Today we will be discussing an award-winning mystery short film called "The Last Note" and pointing out different features within this film. For some background, the film begins with David driving to lake while taking about leaving his wife and all his problems with her. Then David is seen with a body bag which is Catherine and dumps her in a lake. He does this due to catching ehr cheating on him the night before. Once David returns home, he starts drinking a liquor while reading a book named Murder. In the book, there was a note from Catherine and as he reads to there are flashbacks to her putting posion in the bottle. He then relazies as she write “sorry I had to do this , goodbye David” and he passes away. To begin the sound purely consisted of voice-overs from both Catherine and David, the former husbands and wife, along with sound effects. In specific, dramatic sound effects were used which is very common with...

Short vs. full length film research

  BLOG 1: Comparing 9, the short film, and the full-length movie  Hey Blogg, our group will be discussing the short version of the film "9" and the full-length version along with comparing both of them.  Short film version: None of our group members had ever seen this movie and seeing it for the first time it was different, unlike something we had ever seen before. First off, there was no dialogue throughout the whole film. This causes us to pay even more attention to what was happening throughout the film to better understand what was going on. For this specific short film, the plot was less obvious and required higher thinking skills as all that is given are the scenes. We understood the plot at the nearing the end of the movie. Our interpretation of the plot was that in a desolate setting that looked like a landfill site, the film begins with scenes of 9 crafting objects from scrap metal. As the title screen fades, 9 is found sitting around the remnants of a broken w...

Short Film Research: Party to Murder

  The mystery short film I watched was Party to Murder by Strobie Studios. The actors gathered together at this old style mansion to play a game of murder mystery while at a masked party. Will they play a harmless game or is the reality of death knocking on their front door? The director included a plot twist which is what ultimately made the short film a good watch. At the beginning of the film the director used upbeat music and close up angles of a couple dressed in fancy attire. The upbeat music explained the mood of the couple, as they were laughing and excited for their upcoming party. However as the car approached the home the music took a turn for the dark. The music began to speed up and the musical notes selection became very ominous. A big tactic used in mysteries especially murder mysteries in plot twists. Plot twists leave the audience highly surprised making it the best way to recapture a viewer's attention. Nobody wants to sit through a movie where every scene is easi...