Skip to main content

Production Blog- Marketing

 Hello and welcome back blog!! Today I was figuring out some things to do for marketing our short film. My group realized that we had not come up with a name for the short film yet and we came up with a very creative name. The movie is called “Shattered Bonds”. The group and I all agreed this was a very cool name and it was the best winner compared to all the other names we had come up with. After coming up with the name of the film, I was then able to start coming up with marketing strategies. Due to some issues with social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter not letting minors under 18 make an account, my group and I want to create a YouTube and Instagram account for the short film. I asked Sofia if she could make the instagram account so when she does I will get the username. I am creating the postcard for the film and it is interesting and fun to come up with it. I decided to come up with the idea of doing a black postcard with a blood splatter dripping from the top. This would kind of symbolize the genre of the the film as well as what is going to occur in the film. I now need to add the title of the film being “Shattered Bonds” as well as the release date that it will premier in theaters. Then I need to add the socials for the movie in order to promote it on the postcard. I will need Sofia to create the instagram and the YouTube in order for me to complete the post card. Carleigh is working on making the website to further promote our movie to a bigger audience. I am using Canva to create my post card. It is a free site that allows you to create any poster or post card you would like. There is also options for using a template to make our post card. I decided to draw the postcard myself instead of using a template because I could not find any templates that suited our short film well enough. I decided to draw a black background with a red blood splatter dripping from the top of the post card. This would represent the killing in the movie. All I now need to do is add all the information into the post card being our social media sites that promote the short film. Thank you for listening blog and until next time!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Final Product

 Welcome back! This is the final product of the opening sequence! This was very fun to make and I hope you enjoy!  

My Creative Critical Reflection

 Hello again! Filming 'Behind You' was so much fun so I hope you enjoy my reflection on filming and how it was for me. Enjoy the show!!