Skip to main content

Production Blog- Planning filming date

 Hello! Welcome back blog!! I am going to talk about some planning me and my group has done for the upcoming short film that my group and I are creating very soon. So far, me and my group have talked about the entire storyboard and script of short film. I came up with a couple of scenes and the group is planning on filming very soon. Me and the group have come up with the film date of Sunday February 25, 2024. There is a backup film date of February 19 since there is no school but the group needs to discuss if that date would work for everyone since some of the group members could be busy and already have things to do. The set filming date for right now is February 25. I do hope that I do not have work that day because it could throw off the plans of filming and I would need to try to call off or work around the times that I work. It is crucial to get filming done ASAP so that way I can get all other things done like these production blogs as well as just getting filming out of the way so it is not rushed and it ensures me and my group to have the overall best time filming. While making the script for the storyboard, me and my group did have some disagreements about how we should set up the storyboard and it caused a little conflict. The good part of all of my group mates being friends makes it easier for us to be able to make up after a disagreement and end up coming to a consensus about what should be done moving forward. I am looking forward to filming and in the way that I imagine the film to come out, I truly hope that it ends up coming out as good as I imagine it. Thank you so much for listening blog. Until next time.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short Film Research: The Last Note

    Short film reasearch: ( The Last Note/Mystery) Hey blogg. Today we will be discussing an award-winning mystery short film called "The Last Note" and pointing out different features within this film. For some background, the film begins with David driving to lake while taking about leaving his wife and all his problems with her. Then David is seen with a body bag which is Catherine and dumps her in a lake. He does this due to catching ehr cheating on him the night before. Once David returns home, he starts drinking a liquor while reading a book named Murder. In the book, there was a note from Catherine and as he reads to there are flashbacks to her putting posion in the bottle. He then relazies as she write “sorry I had to do this , goodbye David” and he passes away. To begin the sound purely consisted of voice-overs from both Catherine and David, the former husbands and wife, along with sound effects. In specific, dramatic sound effects were used which is very common with...

Short vs. full length film research

  BLOG 1: Comparing 9, the short film, and the full-length movie  Hey Blogg, our group will be discussing the short version of the film "9" and the full-length version along with comparing both of them.  Short film version: None of our group members had ever seen this movie and seeing it for the first time it was different, unlike something we had ever seen before. First off, there was no dialogue throughout the whole film. This causes us to pay even more attention to what was happening throughout the film to better understand what was going on. For this specific short film, the plot was less obvious and required higher thinking skills as all that is given are the scenes. We understood the plot at the nearing the end of the movie. Our interpretation of the plot was that in a desolate setting that looked like a landfill site, the film begins with scenes of 9 crafting objects from scrap metal. As the title screen fades, 9 is found sitting around the remnants of a broken w...

Short Film Research: Party to Murder

  The mystery short film I watched was Party to Murder by Strobie Studios. The actors gathered together at this old style mansion to play a game of murder mystery while at a masked party. Will they play a harmless game or is the reality of death knocking on their front door? The director included a plot twist which is what ultimately made the short film a good watch. At the beginning of the film the director used upbeat music and close up angles of a couple dressed in fancy attire. The upbeat music explained the mood of the couple, as they were laughing and excited for their upcoming party. However as the car approached the home the music took a turn for the dark. The music began to speed up and the musical notes selection became very ominous. A big tactic used in mysteries especially murder mysteries in plot twists. Plot twists leave the audience highly surprised making it the best way to recapture a viewer's attention. Nobody wants to sit through a movie where every scene is easi...