Skip to main content

Production Blog- The Final Stretch!

Hello and welcome back blog. It is the final stretch and the complete process of making this short film is now coming to a close. It is a sad realization but at the same time I am so beyond proud of how hard me and my group worked and well as all the time and effort we put into this short film. The group finished filming and now the process of editing has begun. It took three full days of filming in order to get all the scenes for the short film. When Jenna put most of the scenes together in imovie, it came out to be a six minute film. There was so many scenes that needed to be cut out and shortened that she is still working to shorten it as we speak. We used the time in class to brainstorm different sounds that should be used throughout the short film. It was pretty difficult coming up with sounds to use because nothing truly fit the scenes to perfection. While coming up with that, I had a classmate named Jack peer review the short film. At this point the short film was no where near done with editing and so many other things that needed to be done so it was a little sloppy but the group got some good feedback from him. Through his feedback, the group found different ways to place flashback scenes as well as place scenes around so the short film was easier to understand. I had to also research different sounds and music that should be put into the short film and sent Jenna some suggestions for sound effects that should be included in it. The group and I were discussing the fact that we made a very hard short film. Our scenes are in so many different settings and it is not a simple short film to make. The group gave ourselves a hard time in all the scenes that we decided to include in the movie. It can be appreciated that even though the movie can feel a little messy, it is true that the group really did go above and beyond in the amount of effort and time that was put in this short film compared to so many other more simple, quick and easy films that were made. The group is very proud of all the effort each of us put into the movie. I am also proud of all the work I contributed in order for this short film to truly be a success. Now it is time for the group to complete the editing and then everything will be complete. In the next blog I will be uploading all the links and information to the movies social medias as well as the ability to watch the short film. Thank you so much blog for coming with me on this journey of making a fun short film. Until next time and stay tuned for the next blog to see the movie complete!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Final Product

 Welcome back! This is the final product of the opening sequence! This was very fun to make and I hope you enjoy!  

My Creative Critical Reflection

 Hello again! Filming 'Behind You' was so much fun so I hope you enjoy my reflection on filming and how it was for me. Enjoy the show!!