Skip to main content

Production Blog- Finally Finished Filming

 Hello and welcome back blog!! I have not updated you in a little while. The group and I had been planning on what day to film and finally it was decided that today would be the day. I have already discussed that everyone has super busy lives and it is a little hard to come up for filming days. Today was the last and final day of filming. It is Monday, March 11 and right when me and my group got out of school at 2:40, we went straight to my house in order to regroup and discuss further scenes that needed to be filmed. After the group got to my house, filming started shortly after. First, I discovered that the amber alert scene needed to be filmed and that was done by changing contact names to the names of the girls in the short films and a voiceover affect of the amber alert saying the name of the girl who is missing. Then, a couple scenes of Ellie trying to call Olivia in the short film and crying, needed to be filmed. After about an hour of completing these scenes, it was then time to head out and film some outside scenes. The group all took different cars and headed to a elementary school nearby my house. There was a park as well as pickle ball courts which made it the perfect place to film school and park scenes in the short film. First, the group headed towards the front of the school to film a couple scenes of Ellie and Kendall talking. In these scenes is where Olivia and Kendall meet and become friends. After filming a couple of these scenes with a bunch of redos needing to be done, the group headed over the park area to show the girls at lunch. I had found a couple seating areas in a pavilion and the group agreed that it would look most like a lunch room to be able to film lunch scenes of the girls at school. Then us girls played around in the park for a little to get some scenes showing the three of us getting along and me introducing Ellie to Olivia. There were also some car scenes that needed to be filmed showing that Kendall was now getting left out between Olivia and Ellie showing they were hanging out alone together and did not invite Kendall. Finally, the group could not really come up with a way to make a grave so we found materials, whatever we could, to make a grave for Olivia in the short film. This is where the funeral in the short film took place. It is not fully put together but with the time and resources we had it was the best we could do. It took about an hour and a half to complete these outside scenes. Filming ended at 6pm because Sofia had tutoring and everyone had other things to do and errands to run. Finally it was settled that filming was over and now the hard process of editing was to begin. Until next time blog. Thank you for listening.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Final Product

 Welcome back! This is the final product of the opening sequence! This was very fun to make and I hope you enjoy!  

My Creative Critical Reflection

 Hello again! Filming 'Behind You' was so much fun so I hope you enjoy my reflection on filming and how it was for me. Enjoy the show!!